About Nancy’s Counseling Corner
My name is Nancy Travers and I am a Licensed Orange County Therapist.
In August 2004, I opened a clinical private practice in Irvine to serve the greater Orange County area. Nancy’s Counseling Corner specializes in relationships for individuals, couples, and the elderly.
I have over 25 years of experience in the field of therapy and counseling and have worked in a wide variety of settings from family preservation work, hospice, HIV/AIDS, to geriatrics. My background experience includes work with an array of issues such as depression, anxiety, sexuality, addictions, grief and loss, and trauma work.
CREDENTIALS AND CERTIFICATIONS
With over 30+ Years of Counseling experience, I continue to value an active level of participation in education and training. The following is a list of relevant organizations that I maintain participation in with the ultimate goal of offering added value to my clients and struggling couples that seek to improve their marriage or relationship.
What differentiates me as a therapist is that I work with you to define what we hope to accomplish together – and then focus on the positive results. The key is making you feel safe and comfortable in the entire process. I listen closely to you to form a “collaborative bond” that helps us better understand each other.
My approach to therapy utilizes several models of therapy including cognitive-behavioral therapy, solution-focused, positive psychology, crisis intervention, and hypnosis.
I also remain actively involved in various industry organizations including:
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- Consultant for CEU Development Program with Casey Truffo for Be a Wealthy Therapist
- American Society of Clinical Hypnosis (ASCH)
- Southern California Society of Clinical Hypnosis (SCSCH) and past member of Board of Directors
- Western Hypnosis Association (WHA) -currently serving as Vice President
- American Psychotherapy and Medical Hypnosis Association (APMHA)
- American Psychology Association (APA)
- California Association for Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)
- Completed Level One training in Gottman Method couples therapy
Contact Nancy Now
Text or Call
Contact Nancy Travers
CONNECTING YOU WITH US
Just A Few Steps Will Go A Long Way!
Make The Decision To Contact a Professional
We have the solutions to help you make things work.
Communication Will Be The Key To Your Success
Share with us me you are feeling, what you are struggling with, and for how long.
Schedule a Call
Contact me when you are ready to move forward.